Here are some tips on how to weave your remote work experience into your resume. The provided example shows a confident and dependable person who works remotely or hybrid and can exceed their goals. They demonstrated how successfully they apply their skills to do their work. Succeeding in a remote environment only works by using technology to your advantage. You’ll even find that most of the in-demand positions shown on LinkedIn will include a point involving software.
- Your summary of qualifications goes at the top of your resume and is the very first thing a hiring manager will see.
- Employers want to see that you’ve been successful and accomplished while working remotely.
- You can also use our remote company profiles to learn about thousands of companies, their tech stacks, and company cultures.
- No commute, more flexibility, fewer distractions, and increased productivity, but it’s not without challenges.
- Remote skills are a set of abilities that show that a candidate can manage their time and responsibilities to do their work efficiently and responsibly, without daily supervision.
With more positions becoming hybrid or fully remote, it’s worth learning how to effectively showcase remote work on your resume. In this guide, we’ve put together a few tips to help you get started, as well as some how to list remote work on resume examples of remote work accomplishments you can list on your resume. Now that you’ve built out your master resume, it’s time to add remote skills that show why you’re a good fit for a remote work environment.
Skills for your work from home resume
What’s more important than showcasing the length of your employment history is showcasing that you’re capable of bringing results. Most times, you’ll be working by yourself with limited supervision. So give examples on your resume that prove you’re a reliable person who knows how to self-organize, take initiative, and meet deadlines. SummarySoftware engineer with strong knowledge of every programming language ever invented. SummarySelf-motivated hype man with over a decade of experience investing in and growing tech startups. Developed and incubated TechCrunch Disrupt winner Pied Piper.
As with any job, you need to tailor your resume to reflect your ability to do the job and that means showing that you can work from home. The number of remote job opportunities has never been higher, and more and more companies are open to hiring remotely. Forward-thinking and resourceful marketing professional with 6+ years of experience working remotely for well-known brands. Solid track record of increasing brand awareness, optimizing digital presence, and leading marketing campaigns.
Elixir Developer Resume Example & Guide for 2023
To communicate to employers you have the qualities to succeed remotely, highlight your accomplishments from independent work. These are times when you took initiative with minimal or zero assistance. If your corporate history for the past 3 years doesn’t consist of the same job titles, then only list your most relevant work experience. Still, it’s best practice to tailor your application based on the company’s job description. Contrary to popular belief, you can use a two-page resume if you have an extensive relevant work history or if you’re applying to a senior position.
What should I put on my resume for a remote job?
- Pick the Right Format. Start with choosing the right resume format for your situation.
- Keep It Clean and Organized.
- Short and Sweet.
- Qualify Yourself.
- Emphasize Communication and Collaboration Skills.
- Show That You’re a Problem-Solver.
- Be Remote Specific.
But, having previous experience can signal to an employer that you are self-motivated and able to work on your own. It may provide some comfort that you won’t struggle with working from home if you’ve done it before. The less-structured nature of remote work and hybrid schedules means that an ability to adapt to changing circumstances is a huge plus.